Thursday 8 September 2011

Erotic stumbling block

You know, I never realized just how hard it would be to write erotic stories. Something in the back of my mind said, how hard can it be? How wrong I was.

I have manged to flow with my writing up to the point of being currently half way through my erotic romance novel - I haven't got a title for it, as yet, but that will come when it is finished. Now, I have reached a point that I am stuck. My characters have taken on a mind of their own, and are refusing to listen to me at the moment. I spent a good portion of my time yesterday explaining a scene in an office. My main protagonist is working late with a colleague, and one thing leads to another - well, you can guess where the scene is going, but I have reached the point with my main character that, as I am writing, her personality is taking over, and I rambled on for several pages on whether she wanted sex in her office - giving several reasons why this would be wrong. I even took a page to explain just how much she was enjoying her cup of coffee. By the looks of my writing yesterday, I am not in an erotic place right now - and neither are my characters!

So, rather than sit and procrastinate until I get an idea, I am turning to my erotic short stories for a time, until I can re-focus myself and continue with my novel. I enjoy writing short stories, as it takes my mind away from what I was doing - giving me a little break to re-group my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment